Some of our team members attended this year’s Marketing Association’s Wellington conference held on August the 6th.
The conference focused on some innovative marketing initiatives that have created change and influenced behaviour.
Topical discussions and presentations included:
- COVID-19 communications
- DIA – Keep it Real Online campaign
- Worksafe – Be A Safe Guy campaign
- The role of stereotyping in storytelling
- REA – Settled.govt.nz communications
- Showing the human side of local Government
- NZ Police – social media and recruitment campaigns
There were some consistent themes across almost all of the presentations:
- Humour – Almost all of the campaigns presented had used humour as a key component to engage and resonate with their audiences.
- Plan – No matter how little time you have, spend some time planning and building a solid foundation from which all the campaign work can stem from.
- Feedback and Insights – Ensure everything is always guided by real input and feedback from the audience.
- Evidence based – The importance of knowing what you know, rather than thinking what you know.
To read more about the conference and other events coming up, check out the MA website: